Employment Opportunities with DHT
At DHT, we are always looking for qualified drivers. We are currently hiring drivers for our Tanker, Flatbed, Van, Asphalt, and Gravel Train. We need qualified applicants with a good driving record and a team building attitude.
Please apply by filling out the application below. If you have any questions prior to applying please feel free to Contact us.
We are always accepting applications. Please do not hesitate to submit an application.
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays & Vacations
- Profit Sharing
Below are current open positions. Click on title to see description.
The Mechanic employee will perform repair work and maintenance for the DHT fleet consisting day cabs, OTR sleeper, gravel trains, van trailers, flatbed trailers, live bottom trailers and some other motor vehicles when needed. The Mechanic will diagnose, perform scheduled maintenance, repair, and overhaul trucks components or systems. The DHT Main Shop has the opportunity of 1st, 2nd, or 3rd shift employment.
- Consults with shift supervisors to collect information on vehicle history, the problem with the vehicle, and/or known maintenance or repairs required
- Identifies mechanical problems visually and/or with computer or shop provided diagnostic equipment
- Performs diagnostics on specific components and systems to determine proper component/system operation
- Estimates repair timeline for completion; provides shift supervisor with time estimates
- Performs routine and preventive maintenance in accordance with DHT’s Preventative Maintenance/Service Schedule
- Diagnose then repair or replace malfunctioning truck components or system
- Conduct appropriate post service inspections for correct repair and operation of the task at hand
- Diesel engine diagnostic/repair
- Transmission diagnostics/repair
- Differential diagnostics and repair
- Hydraulic experience
- Pneumatic valving experience
- Truck & Trailer service work tankers, flats, van, Gravel Trains
- 2 years’ experience
- State Certification(s)
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 35 pounds
- Must be able to bend, stretch, kneel, and squat to perform repairs and inspections
- Must have enough vision to inspect repair work
- Must be able to use/operate hand tools, power tools, and other heavy machinery
- Must be able to pass a drug and alcohol screen
- Paid Technician training
- Diagnostic equipment provided
- Toolbox program available
- Employee owned company
- Healthcare insurance including medical, vision, and dental
- Short-term & long-term disability
- Life insurance
- AFLAC & Guardian
- Legal Shield & ID Theft Protection
- 401k with partial employer match
- Paid vacation
- Profit Sharing
A Van Freight Driver will perform regional runs and be home on the weekends!
• Follow appropriate safety procedures for transporting goods
• Check vehicles to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order
• Operates a powered industrial vehicle according to applicable state and federal transportation laws
• Transports loads safely and in a timely manner over required route, obeying all traffic laws and observing all safety regulations
• Deftly maneuvers truck and trailer into loading and unloading areas; follows loading crew signals
• Maintains work orders, signed invoices, shipping bills of lading, and other required paperwork; delivers documentation to appropriate staff when delivery route is complete
• Facilitates routine service on trucks, which may include checking oil, water, gasoline, and air; reports maintenance malfunctions to appropriate parties
• Collect delivery instructions from appropriate sources, verifying instructions and routes
• Check all load-related documentation for completeness and accuracy
• Inspect loads to ensure that cargo is secure and undamaged
• 2+ years of van freight driving experience
• Licensed CDL Class A Driver
• Must have a clean MVR
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
• Must be able to pass a drug and alcohol screen
• Must be able to pass a DOT physical
• Commission based pay
• Sign-on bonus available
• Employee owned company
• Healthcare insurance including medical, vision, and dental
• Short-term & long-term disability
• Life insurance
• AFLAC & Guardian
• Legal Shield & ID Theft Protection
• 401K with partial employer match
• Paid vacation
• Profit Sharing
I expressly authorize, without reservation, the employer, its representatives, employees or agents to contact and obtain information from all references (personal and professional), employers, public agencies, licensing authorities and educational institutions and to otherwise verify the accuracy of all information provided by me in this application, resumé or job interview. I hereby waive any and all rights and claims I may have regarding the employer, its agents, employees or representatives, for seeking, gathering and using truthful and non-defamatory information, in a lawful manner, in the employment process and all other persons, corporations or organizations for furnishing such information about me.
I understand that this employer does not unlawfully discriminate in employment and no question on this application is used for the purpose of limiting or eliminating any applicant from consideration for employment on any basis prohibited by applicable local, state or federal law.
I understand that this application remains current for only 90 days.
If I am hired, I understand that I am free to resign at any time, with or without cause and with or without prior notices, and the employer reserves the same right to terminate my employment at any time, with or without cause and with or without prior notice, except as may be required by law. This application does not constitute or imply an agreement or contract employment at any time, with or without cause and with or without prior notices, except as may be required by law. This application does not constitute an agreement or contract employment for any specified period or definite duration. I understand that no supervisor or representative of the employees is authorized to make any assurances to the contrary and that no implied oral or written agreements contrary to the foregoing express language are valid unless they are in writing and singed by the employer’s president.
I also understand that if I am hired, I will be required to provide proof of identity and legal authorization to work in the United States and that federal immigration laws require me to complete an I-9 Form in this regard.
This Company does not tolerate unlawful discrimination in its employment practices. No question on this application is used for the purpose of limiting or excluding an applicant from consideration for employment on the basis of his or her sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, or any other protected status under applicable federal, state, or local law. This Company likewise does not tolerate harassment based on sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or any other protected status. The Company takes all complaints of harassment seriously and all complaints will be investigated promptly and thoroughly.
I understand that any information provided by me is that is found to be false, incomplete or misrepresented in any respect, will be sufficient cause to (1) eliminate me from further consideration for employment, or (ii) may result in my immediate discharged from the employer’s service, whenever it is discover.
DO NOT SUBMIT UNTIL YOU HAVE READ THE ABOVE APPLICANT STATEMENT:
By submitting this application, I certify that I have read, fully understand and accept all terms of the foregoing Applicant Statement.